Tuesday 14 October 2014

Turkey Pants

You know that scene from Friends where Joey puts on the maternity pants for eating turkey? Yeah, this one:

Well, every year at Thanksgiving I think of these pants. And last year when I saw these pants on clearance at Target, I'll admit that the pattern, coupled with the drawstring waistband instantly reminded me of Joey's turkey pants. Unfortunately they were a full size too small for me. But I knew I had to have them. 


I bought them last year and stored them, this year I finally pulled them out, sliced up the side of each pant leg and inserted a tuxedo style stripe down each side. I left the waistband as it was since that was the only thing that actually fit well in these pants and the extra width in the pant legs made them incredibly comfortable and almost pyjama like. But they still look fairly fancy! Win-win!


 
 This outfit was perfect for the first of 3 (yes, THREE) Thanksgiving dinners we had over the course of the weekend.
I think the trick with not letting these pants look too pyjama-ish is to pair them with dressier items. I love this flowy black & white blouse that I thrifted back at Easter, some simple black sparkly flats, and great enamelled flower earrings.


So what do you think? Would you wear these silky print pants? Or am I fooling myself and still look like I'm wearing my pjs in public?


Pants - Target, refashioned: similar / similar / similar
Blouse - Thrifted: similar / similar / similar
Flats - Walmart: similar / similar
Earrings - Charlotte Russe: similar / similar

Tea
http://whyidodeclaire.blogspot.ca/2014/10/confident-twosday-floral-and-fur.html#more

This post is linked up with Laura from I do deClaire for Confident Twosday! Check it out!

It is also linked up for Tremendous Tuesday with InDuffinitely Me!
http://induffinitely.blogspot.ca/2014/10/tremendous-tuesday-13-giveaway-thrift.html

4 comments:

  1. I think the tuxedo stripe makes them even better! This is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It breaks up the print a little, which helps to not overwhelm the outfit (IMO).

      Delete
  2. This outfit is gorgeous!!! especially with the inspiration from Friends, that show is just tooo genius!!!

    Do you have a twitter i could tweet your look out?

    Thanks so much for linking up again this week!

    Hugs! Amber

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amber - no twitter for WMW as of yet.... but feel free to tweet it using the twitter share button at the bottom of the post! Thanks for hosting!

      Delete