Wednesday 15 October 2014

Crochet, Lace, Burgundy & Leopard



When I know I'm going away for a night (or for a few days) I try to sort out a wardrobe that is short on numbers but long on options. I don't like to try and decide days in advance what I'm going to wear because I can't guarantee that I'm actually going to want to wear that when the time comes. I knew we'd be heading out to my in-laws after church on Sunday for our 2nd (of 3!) Thanksgiving dinners so I needed to be comfortable enough to hang out, help my MIL in the kitchen, play with kids, and eat and laugh a LOT. All of which I did in this easy, comfortable, but still dressy enough for dinner outfit.




I think I've mentioned before that these pants were "hand-me-downs" in that a friend of mine gave them to me when she was cleaning out her closet. I LOVE them. I love anything red/red-ish/burgundy/etc but they're just so fun. I put on my new (to me) leopard print flats and thought - okay Tea - that's enough now, just wear something simple with this.... so the trusty lace-yoke tee and a sweet cream crocheted cardigan were just the ticket.


Lastly I wore some of my favourite jewellery that the hubs' grandparents brought back for me from Italy some years ago. It's a matching set of bracelet, necklace and earrings made from stunningly beautiful Murano glass. It's really really heavy, so I can't wear it forever, but it definitely got worn through dinner and into the evening before I gave in and took them off (especially the earrings).

Jeans - Hand-me-down: similar / similar / similar
T-shirt - Walmart (US): similar / similar / similar
Crocheted cardigan - Ricki's: similar / similar / similar
Flats - Ardene: similar / similar / similar
Jewellery - Murano glass from Italy

Tea.



No comments:

Post a Comment