Monday 27 October 2014

Family Photos

Every year I torture my little family terribly. I am mean, and cruel and bossy. I make them uncomfortable and make them hide it for extremely long periods of time. I am a harsh master. Every year we take a picture for our Christmas card.

At least, that's how it seems with my little fam.


We did manage this year to get through a whole 20-30 minutes of shooting, in the golden hour, at the soccer pitch near our home. And we actually managed to get some great shots too! I took the boys' pictures myself this year because I was extremely disappointed with their school photos as well as with the outrageous cost for those photos. Considering everything is done digitally - it's an obscene cost, really.

So, what does Mama wear when taking family photos and acting as one of the subjects as well as the photographer? Flats, for one, comfortable, yet dressy clothes, and pants. We have exactly 1 family photo where I'm wearing a skirt. My Dad took the pictures.


I love this cream cable knit sweater that I picked up at Value Village a few weeks ago. It was warm still when I bought it, but I am loving the fit and looking forward to getting lots of wear out of it over the winter months. This bright red pashmina was a gift brought back by my in-laws after one of their trips, my trusty cropped black pants, and my new-ish leopard flats. Very comfy, very moveable and still dressy enough for our family photos.





And I happen to think we got a few gems in the mix too.




Cable Knit Sweater - Thrifted: similar / similar / similar
Cropped black pants - Ricki's: similar / similar / similar
Leopard Print Flats - Ardene/Thrifted: similar / similar / similar
Pashmina - Gift: similar / similar / similar
Earrings - Le Chateau: similar / similar / similar

Tea.

This post is linked up with Laura from I do deClaire!

1 comment:

  1. You guys look great! Love the red scarf and leopard flats with the neutrals - you look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete