Tuesday 8 October 2019

Sweater Weather



For the  most part I don't buy into the whole "basic b*tch" ness of fall-love. I don't like Pumpkin Spice Lattes (sorry, but if it's gonna have the spices, it has to have the pumpkin - and also, preferably, actually be a baked good), I don't wear ugg boots and yoga pants out in public (I don't even OWN ugg boots) and if I wear a flannel shirt I'm more likely to look like I misplaced my axe than anything that can be described as "cute".



I DO however, LOVE sweaters and the leaves changing colour. Oh, and apple cider.


The apple thing comes from the fact that my grandparents owned an orchard when I was growing up and I have many happy memories of picking apples, pressing cider, etc etc - so apple cider just feels like home to me. And the leaves - well, who doesn't love the riot of colour that our trees put on each autumn?

Oh, and also, all the things I'm allergic to are dead and the bugs have all gone - so that's good too.


So, while I'm so NOT a fan of winter (and yes, I know - I live in the wrong country for someone who hates winter as much as I do) and I would rather sweat than shiver any day of the week, I do love fall. A nice cozy sweater, a pair of jeans and some ankle booties and I'm good to go.


This sweater AND jeans are both items I recently thrifted. The jeans are from Old Navy and I'm not super thrilled with the cut, but I think they'll look cute either cuffed or tucked into taller boots and the sweater is from Dynamite. I haven't shopped at Dynamite in about 219283040 years because I find they just don't know how to cut clothes for the curvy figure, but this loose sweater with the fun back zip detail is slouchy enough that it actually works.



The sweater I picked up from one of our local thrift/consignment stores, which meant I could try it on first, but the jeans I got off varagesale, which can be kind of a crap shoot. I tend to only search/buy clothing items from retailers I'm already confident in the sizing of. I have been burned, for sure, and bought items that didn't end up fitting, but I lucked out with these jeans in that they fit *perfectly* right from the off!



Are you happy it's Sweater Weather?




10 comments:

  1. That's so neat your grandparents owned an orchard! What lovely memories!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some of the best memories! I wish I had the money when they sold to buy it - it was a beautiful farm.
      Thanks for stopping by!
      xo,
      Tea

      Delete
  2. Nice, natural and neat outfit, thanks for sharing on #chicandstylish Jacqui x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cosy outfit for autumn! I wear this formula a lot in the cooler weather, jeans and a knit is a staple for a mum I think! :)

    Hope you're having a great week :)

    Away From Blue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It totally is a staple! Sometimes you need something you can throw on in a hurry and get on with your day!
      Thanks for stopping by!
      xo,
      Tea

      Delete
  4. I do love a cozy sweater and booties this time of year! How cute is that zipper back of this one. And yay for thrifting! I just went thrift shopping this week with my sister and I scored some pretty great pieces. I am excited to share them soon. I also am not a huge fan of all the pumpkin stuff...except my two favorite things to cook in the fall are pumpkin chowder and turkey pumpkin chili. But I don’t need no pumpkin in my coffee! You look adorable, my friend!

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shelbee! I can't wait to see some of your thrifted finds! It makes for a much more interesting (not to mention sustainable) wardrobe, I think!
      Turkey pumpkin chili sounds delicious! I'll have to get that recipe off you!
      xo,
      Tea

      Delete
  5. ooh that jumper looks super cozy! Love it!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its slowly getting colder here, but I wear what I want to anyhow! I just had some apple cider , i love it hot! so good. The grey sweater looks so cozy and great with you.
    thanks for linking!
    jess xx

    ReplyDelete