Friday 11 October 2019

Tie one on



Do you have any items in your closet that you can never let go of? This sweater is one of those things for me. It belonged to my Mum, and is probably older than I am. 


The sleeves are a little bit too short for me, but I love the pattern, and the shape of the sweater.
I usually wear it tied up around the waist, but it's also cute open and tied at the back.


This dress is a recent thrifting find at our local Talize store. It's just a basic, black knit maxi dress - but there's something really classic about the shape and scoop neck. I find it really flattering, and with this sweater on top I thought I looked pretty statuesque!



Quick on/off flats, no jewellery, and 2nd day curls topped this outfit off. The weather is starting to get a little cooler these days, especially in the morning, but by mid afternoon - you need a layer you can remove!



What's your fave long-term closet item?

8 comments:

  1. I love the dress Tea, I've just bought a cute black silky knitted dress, they're so flattering aren't they! Thanks for adding to the #linkup Jacqui x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so flattering - and anything that makes me feel this good is worth a pretty penny - so it's even better that I thrifted it and it didn't cost me a pretty penny!
      Thanks for stopping by!
      xo,
      Tea

      Delete
  2. What a cute cardigan! It's great you've had it so long! I really like the black maxi dress too, great thrift find! :)

    Hope that you are having a great weekend! I went out to a fashion show last night, it was a lot of fun :)

    Away From Blue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every now and then you get a *really* good thrift find; I think this one will stay in my closet for quite some time.
      You got to go to a fashion show? That is so exciting! I hope to read about it soon.
      Thanks for stopping by,
      xo,
      Tea

      Delete
  3. Love your long cardi, particularly the cute design on the back! Thanks for linking up at #WowOnWednesday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gail! It's a good solid staple piece, I've had it for years (and before that it belong to my mother) so I don't anticipate getting rid of it soon - or ever.
      Thanks for stopping by!
      xo,
      Tea

      Delete
  4. Such a nice cardigan. I like that you tied up around the waist. It created nice shape. I'm big fan of thrifting too. A basic dress is the best. You can style it so many ways. Thank you for sharing this look with My Red Carpet.

    Anna
    www.glamadventure.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. It’s the perfect outfit for being comfy and stylish! And how cute is the back of your sweater! I love that it also has sentimental value. Such a cute look! Thanks for linking up with me.

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete