Tuesday 1 October 2019

So 90s



I pretty much always adhere to the rule "If you wore it the first time, you shouldn't wear it the second time" and since stirrup pant leggings, empire waist/spaghetti strap dresses and wild patterns were SO my jam in the 90s, I do try to avoid them when they make a resurgance in the stores.... mostly.





This dress, on it's own - is not very 90s. The hi-lo hem, and the off-colour buffalo plaid shows it to have clearly been made in the last 5 years, but when I put a t-shirt under it, and some leggings I looked in the mirror and thought - whoa - that's SO 90s.



So, I embraced it. Hair in braids like I used to wear in high school - the only thing missing from this sweet get-up were some doc marten's (Man, I miss those!)... and probably body glitter (DON'T miss that, lol).


None the less, I think *this time* I squeaked through my rule. And don't worry - I won't be buying stirrup pants any time soon.... but I might be convinced to rock a sweet side-pony. LOL!





11 comments:

  1. Ok, being a girl of the 90’s myself, I do love the 90’s styles that have come back! Just put a little modern twist on it and rock the heck out of it. Like you are! I love this dress....everything about it. And Doc Martens would be killer with it. I still have 2 pairs but neither are the traditional black boots of the 90’s. Loving the braids, too. I wear my hair like that often. And recently I have been rocking the side pony! I need the hair cascading towards the front otherwise with my hair in a ponytail, I just look kind of bald. Haha. Thanks for linking up, my friend!

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mean - I'm not gonna lie - I have seriously considered the crimping iron at my local beauty supply store! LOL!
      A low side pony can be super cute though - and I totally thought of you when putting this outfit together Shelbee!
      Thanks for stopping by hon
      xo, Tea

      Delete
    2. Aw, so cute! The good ole crimping iron! You could totally rock the crimped hair!

      Delete
  2. Looking good in this tartan dress, thanks for joining me on #chicandstylish Jacqui x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jacqui! Thanks for hosting as well. :)
      xo Tea

      Delete
  3. That dress is so cute! Oh man I loved my Docs too! I do not miss low rise jeans though. That can stay in the past!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness - low-rise jeans! Ugh. Yeah - those can DEFINITELY stay in the 90s where they belong!
      Thanks for stopping by Laura!
      xo, Tea

      Delete
  4. Hi Tea
    Love the hem and the rich red and black plaid. Im really loving plaid for Fall. I am trying to think of what I wore more of in the 90s, it was the grunge era!
    thanks for linking!
    jess xx
    www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jess,
      I totally gravitate towards plaid for the fall! I had a definite lean towards the grunge era as well in the 90s!
      Thanks for stopping by!
      xo, Tea

      Delete
  5. You look fab in this dress! I have a few spaghetti strap dresses I like wearing tees over, I need to try embrace the 90s resurgence and wear a tee under them too! :)

    Hope that you had a great weekend. Thank you so much for joining the #weekdayWearLinkUp :) I just posted this week's linkup, I'd love you to join again! :) I've got a scarf giveaway on my blog right now too!

    Away From Blue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's kind of a fun/easy way to wear those spaghetti strap dresses! I will check out your scarf giveaway.
      Thanks for stopping by!
      xo, Tea

      Delete