Tuesday 29 October 2019

All together ooky

They're creepy and they're kooky
Mysterious and spooky
They're all together ooky
The Addams family
Their house is a museum
Where people come to see 'em
They really are a scream
The Addams family
Neat
Sweet
Petite
So get a witches shawl on
A broomstick you can crawl on
We're gonna pay a call on
The Addams family



This is it! My Hallowe'en costume for the year - Morticia Addams!





I wasn't sure what I was going to do this year - but then I found out that my goddaughter had decided to go as Wednesday and I thought - Oooo - I could be Morticia!




Once again, this costume is entirely made up of things I already owned. Which - I'm not sure what that says about me really, but.... - is actually a really cost effective way to do Hallowe'en costumes. 9 times out of 10, unless it's something terribly specific, I can usually put together a costume from my own closet. The bonus there, of course, is that I know it fits!


The makeup I had a bit of trouble with (thanks, essential tremors) but a lot of blending and a fair amount of touch up and I was good to go. I am usually loving how my MAC Retro Red lippie looks, but it was just so perfectly Morticia I could hardly stand it!
 


My Dad and I went to some of the local memorials to take a few pics (and yes, we are very respectful, and yes, you are allowed to take pictures) and a little fun spooky editing made these pics look like less of the gorgeous sunny day it was!




I'm looking forward to wearing this again on Hallowe'en night and snapping a few pics with my goddaughter when she swings by my house!


What are you going as?
Happy Hallowe'en!









9 comments:

  1. Fun idea!
    www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Great job pulling this together especially from your own closet! This looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Almost all of my costumes over the years come out of my own closet because costume sizing is so inconsistent!
      Thanks for stopping by!
      xo,
      Tea

      Delete
  3. You make a much better Morticia than I did last year - fabulous outfit, and spooky photos - lol. Thanks for adding to the #chicandstylish #linkup Jacqui

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now I'm gonna have to look on your blog to see you as Morticia! (Unless you didn't post, lol). I love Halloween... and the spook factor on the pics is just some careful editing!
      Thanks for stopping by
      xo,
      Tea

      Delete
  4. I love this, Tea! You look amazing! And I’m sure you look equally stunning not as Morticia in this dress! And I love the photos. I was going to do a Halloween shoot in a cemetery and I was so afraid of backlash that I just skipped it. And honestly, if you hadn’t said that you were at memorials, I never would have thought twice about. Good for you! Great costume and perfect shoot location. Brilliant, my friend. Thanks for linking up.

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shelbee! It was a fun costume to wear - and a few kids were dressed as Wednesday so it was fun to take pics with them when they came around while I was shelling out! I actually really enjoyed this combo - so I'm totally going to wear it again as not-Morticia, lol.
      Thanks for stopping by!
      xo,
      Tea

      Delete
  5. Such a fun outfit! You nailed it, so perfect and so nice you could match your goddaughter's costume! We don't really do trick or treat here which is a shame - the boys did get to dress up last year as they were in daycare on Halloween but they weren't this year so no dres sups.

    Hope that you had a great weekend :) We had a relaxing one, we went to the beach and spent time with family :)

    Away From Blue

    ReplyDelete