Tuesday 12 November 2019

Practically Perfect



I'm a sucker for a good dress.


I often find myself reaching for a dress and some tights when I just don't know what else to wear. But dresses can be tough when you're curvy - and frankly - far too few of them have a very important feature: pockets!


This dress hits all the high notes.I love the shaping on the bodice, the slight bell sleeves at  the elbow and the length is perfect. And, of course, it has pockets.



On top of all that, I love this dark navy blue - it's rich enough that it doesn't make me look washed out, but I also think of navy as an oft-ignored neutral. It can go with almost anything.


I wore this to church on remembrance Sunday, so I didn't want to dress it up too wild. Simple brown boots, a gold necklace and some slightly funky pearl drop earrings were all that were required.


I am thinking about wearing this with black pumps and a lot more makeup and jewellery for an evening-ish look - and if I add in some sparkle this dress may even end up being my Christmas Eve outfit!


It is, of course, from Torrid - as most of my current closet faves are - and it's actually from their most recent take on the Outlander fandom collection. It's a little bit reminiscent of the dresses worn by Claire or Breanna but I love that they've hit the mark of fun fan-wear without being too overtly tv-show related.


This dress is - practically perfect!

4 comments:

  1. Love, love, love this! I knew right away it was a Torrid dress even though I have not shopped at all in months. The sleeves and waist are so cute. I am wearing a leopard sundress from Torrid right now as I am typing this...layered with a long sleeve tee shirt and a blanket scarf and tall boots! You look so adorable, my friend! Thanks for linking up!

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, I mean - most of my dresses come from Torrid now - but it ws just too hard to resist this one. I love layering up my summer dresses to keep wearing them through the winter - plus, anything I can wear with a blanket scarf is a winner.
      Thanks for stopping by!
      xo,
      Tea

      Delete
  2. It's a beautiful dress on you, you look so good in navy and a dress with pockets will always be a winner to me, haha!

    Hope that you are having a wonderful weekend :)

    Away From Blue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, pockets! There's just a shortage of amazing dresses that have pockets. I love navy for the winter - it's a neutral as much as black, white or tan in my opinion.
      Thanks for stopping by!
      xo,
      Tea

      Delete