Tuesday 15 October 2019

Thankful



Our Thanksgiving weekend was pretty darn good.




We had 2 nights of family dinners, lots of laughs, a, frankly, excessive amount of pies - which you would have seen pics of on my Instagram, good wine and good family time.


We had our first dinner at my sister's house with my family - an intimate family dinner for 19, and on Sunday we visited my in-laws for our traditional family dinner (16 this time, but we were missing a few). I got to meet our new niece - she's so little and perfect!


I pulled out this red shift dress that I'm pretty sure came from an Old Navy clearance rack at some point - and I didn't want the baggy-ness so I cinched the waist with a brown braided belt. My brown ankle boots, denim jacket, and some light jewellery and I was super comfortable and still dressy enough to convince my little fam to take a Thanksgiving picture. Also - this dress had plenty of room for turkey-tummy, lol.



The only issue was that I'm pretty sure I'd never worn this dress with tights/nylons before and it was SO staticky! I put a bunch of safety pins in the hem in the morning, which helped a bit, but I ended up stealing a dryer sheet from my mother-in-law and rubbing it all over the inside of the dress - that was much more effective.



I hope that everyone (in Canada) had a wonderful Thanksgiving - I certainly have a lot to be thankful for!







4 comments:

  1. That dress is really pretty on you! I hope you had a Happy Thanksgiving! I've never heard of the safety pin trick. I need to try that next time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The safety pin trick dos work a bit - it helps to ground the fabric and give the static a place to go - but I think with all the walking around I was doing the static was just building up - so I needed to go with a dryer sheet!
      We had a lovely Thanksgiving weekend.
      Thanks for stopping by!
      xo,
      Tea

      Delete
  2. Aw, I love this little red dress on you, Tea! It is perfect for Thanksgiving and family gatherings! I love the way you have it styled as well. So adorable.

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute dress and it looks great belted! I had never heard of the safety pin trick before, thanks for sharing! I'll need to keep that in mind when I'm back to wearing tights in winter!

    Hope that you had a lovely weekend :) Thank you so much for joining the #weekdayWearLinkUp :) I just posted this week's linkup, I'd love you to join again! :)

    Away From Blue

    ReplyDelete