Tuesday 22 October 2019

Blue Suede Booties


Have you ever looked at an item of clothing or a pair of shoes on someone else - and loved it... but then every time you try them on you think "Oh man! I look like a dork!" ?




Well, that's been me with open toed booties. I see them on other people, other bloggers and I think - Ooooo, I love those! But then every time I try a pair on.... nope.



So, I found these blue suede open toed booties at one of my local thrift stores and I thought, I'm just gonna go for it. I like that the heel is also open (that looks less to me like cutting open the toes was a mistake, lol) and I love the chunky block heel. Plus, who doesn't want to own blue suede shoes... uh, I mean, boots!


I still wasn't sure how to style them, but thankfully, Laura from I Do DeClaire came out with this post just in time: Peep Toe Booties for Fall


As you can see in Laura's post - these booties are waaaay more versatile than I had originally given them credit for! I opted to just go with a mostly monochrome blue outfit, with my fave sweetheart black tee under a navy blazer, my light wash jeans, and a long necklace.



This outfit was super comfortable and easy to wear. I'm thinking I'll pair these booties with more of a jegging next time to have my jeans a little closer to the leg - but, hey, you live, you learn!


What do you think of open toed booties/shoeties? Do you think I'll be able to wear them with tights over the winter? Let me know in the comments!


4 comments:

  1. Tea, these booties are great! And thrifted, too. Even better! I love the way you styled them with jeans and a blue and black combination. I love open toed booties and when it gets too cold, I put some cute sparkly or velvet socks on with them! Thanks for linking up!

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely need to get some sparkly tights - I just got a great navy dress that I can see myself wearing with some sparkly tights and these booties!
      Thanks for stopping by!
      xo,
      Tea

      Delete
  2. They look so cute on you and I love the blue blazer with them, what a great find! :) I never manage to find shoes my size when thrifting!


    Hope that you had a great weekend :) Thank you so much for joining the #weekdayWearLinkUp :)

    Away From Blue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have wide feet - so finding a pair in my size that FITS is a flippin miracle, lol!
      Thanks for stopping by Mica!
      xo,
      Tea

      Delete