Wednesday 13 August 2014

What's the Story, Morning Glory?

What's the story, morning glory?
What's the word, hummingbird?

When I was growing up I had a good friend who enjoyed musicals as much as I do. And now, every time I watch a musical I think of her (Nicole, if you're reading this - you know I can't watch Bye Bye Birdie without thinking of hanging out with you!). I made this crop top, which makes me feel really retro and fun, although this Mama's 4th trimester body is definitely not up to wearing a crop-top without a tank underneath!

I love the really retro fun feel of this outfit - and although I was a little uncertain when I made it at first, I'm always on about "owning it" and so, own it I shall.








Pairing this crop top with a tank (for coverage) and a pair of skimmer length pans and some fun bright flats was a fun outfit for walking over to the grocery to pick up some ingredients for cupcakes for my parents' birthdays. It almost makes me want to burst out in song - anyone up for a dance number?


Crop-top - Homemade: similar / similar / similar
Pants - Rickis: similar / similar
Flats - Ardene: similar

Tea


No comments:

Post a Comment