Tuesday 20 January 2015

Winter Uniform


Do you ever wear something so often that it starts to feel like a uniform? Well, if I had to have a uniform for winter - it would be this: jeans, tank/tee, button down, vest, moccasins/boots. Done. Voila.





 This kind of outfit meets all the needs of Canadian winter clothing: layers, warmth, comfort, move-ability. It fits well under a down coat and snowpants and boots and looks chic even after being worn under those items.


I love the deep green and blue of the plaid in this shirt, and while it doesn't close over the girls (few I own ever do) the princess seams actually give me a bit of shape that most button downs don't allow for when you're busty.



These jeans were picked up at Target for only $10 on Boxing day - and I look forward to more sales now that Target is pulling all its stores out of Canada - hello liquidation sales. And my trusty moccasins are the perfect shoes for hanging out around the house and having tea with my sisters and best friends. 



I wore the vest for part of the day when I needed an extra layer, but for the most of the day I went without it.

Tea.


Button down - Walmart: similar / similar / similar
Jeans - Target: similar / similar / similar
Vest - thrifted/altered by me
Moccasins - Robinson's General Store
Tank - Ricki's
Earrings - Handmade

Link ups!
http://whyidodeclaire.blogspot.ca/2015/01/confident-twosday-leather-leggings-and_10.html

http://induffinitely.blogspot.ca/2015/01/tremendously-conference-style-tuesday-27.html

1 comment:

  1. I love that vest! It's the perfect touch to this fun outfit! I need those moccasins! Thanks for linking up!
    ~~Megan~~
    http://www.poshprime.com

    ReplyDelete