Friday 12 April 2019

Mildly Fangirling

So - I'm not sure if you know this about me, but I am a HUGE fan of Doctor Who.







I love all the doctors - Chris Eccleston - cracked me up, David Tennant of course a fave, Matt Smith - the doctor as a squirrel on crack, lol, and Peter Capaldi had one of my all-time favourite regeneration lines (about his eyebrows) "They're cross! They're crosser than the rest of my face. They're independantly cross! They probably want to cede from the rest of my face and set up their own independant state of eyebrows!"


But most recently, the Doctor regenerated as... a woman! Jodi Whittaker is playing the 13th Doctor and when I first heard I thought "Huh, a woman! That's different!" But when I actually saw Jodi in her first episode - I was sold. She is a great example of the wild, crazy, fun, wackiness that the Doctor embodies (though still not ginger, lol).


And when she got this coat, I was thrilled with her "look". So when I was scrolling through Torrid's website and I saw they had the coat - I had to have it!



Picked up 13's rainbow stripe tee as well. And even though I'm not slim and blond and cute like Jodi, I think that this look is one that the Doctor would approve of. Even if I'm not wearing suspenders.





I also love that with this coat, unless you see the inside (where there is a print of the TARDIS), or are already a fan, it's not obviously fanwear. It's like I'm mildly fangirling.




Do you watch Doctor Who? Are you a fan of any show enough to wear clothing inspired by the series? Let me know in the comments!


Jeans: Torrid (thrifted)
Coat: Torrid
Tee: Torrid
Boots: Payless

Linking up with: Curly Crafty Mom // Elegance & Mommyhood // Thirty Minus One // Middle of Somewhere // Mummabstylish // Jolynne Shane // Shelbee on the Edge // Jeans and a Teacup

3 comments:

  1. *Screams*
    I don't squee over fashion very much, but I LOVE your outfit.
    I am a big lady myself. I'm always happy to find pictures of beautiful plus size models who aren't ashamed of their bodies. It makes me so sad that there are still so many people who loathe their bodies and think that there's nothing worse than being big. In fairness, it took me 33 years to get out of that dreadful mindset.
    I will be bookmarking your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well welcome then Lovey! I'm so glad you're here! It took me a long time (and I honestly still struggle some days) but I often joke with my hubs that this body took a lot of hard work, beer and chocolate to get this way, so I may as well enjoy the spoils. ;) I hope that you find some real-life outfit inspo - and I look forward to your feedback!
      Xo, Tea

      Delete
  2. Thanks for sharing your outfit with us on #chicandstylish Many thanks. Jacqui Mummabstylish

    ReplyDelete