Monday 8 April 2019

Body Con(scious)

Generally speaking, I love a good dress. Especially a nice solid, rich colour, and in recent years I have actually begun to have enough confidence to wear ones that inch a little closer to the body-con style. Which took a while. I went through a definite phase where if it clung too close to the body it wasn't in my closet.





Body-con actually is short for body-conscious - which I find a little odd... when women spend so much time being conscious of our bodies, why would we name an item of clothing body-conscious?

 This purple dress has been in my closet for several years now though - and it still holds up.


It's a decent fit (though I have some definite VBO - visible belly outline - nowadays). I love the colour, and it's easy to dress/style differently depending on the accessories.


I wore this to church on one of the first 'warm' spring days we've had this year. I was so glad to finally have some nice weather, that I had to dress like the flowers I'm longing to see!




These brown boots were a steal at a Payless close-out sale, and this scarf was picked up second hand.


 My Poppy & Peonies purse with the interchangable flaps makes it easy to coordinate without being too matchy matchy.

I've been really leaning towards simple accessories lately. Not my usual - I have often gone for big chunky necklaces and statement earrings - but especially with such a bold colour it's nice to wear a simple accessory. This cross necklace was a gift from my inlaws.


Have you been longing for spring like me? What are you looking forward to with the warmer weather?

Dress: Walmart
Boots: Payless
Scarf: Thrifted
Purse: Poppy & Peonies

Linking up with: Glass of Glam // Not Dead Yet Style // Style Nudge // Pink Sole // Shopping My Closet //  Pastries Pumps and Pi

3 comments:

  1. That dress is so flattering and I love the purple color! This is such a cute and stylish look!

    Jill - Doused in Pink

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jill! I do love this dress - and even though it's been in my closet for probably 5 years now, it still feels fresh and stylish. Gotta love a bright colour in a classic shape!

      xo Tea

      Delete
  2. The dress is such a pretty color and you look great in it! Love this look!!!

    ReplyDelete