Monday 15 April 2019

An Uncommon Silhouette

First - let me apologize for the pics today, readers - I don't know what was going on with my camera, but everything came out blurry - missed point of focus.... man I need to hire a photographer, rather than using a timer! (Any volunteers? Lol)




This is not my regular silhouette. I mean, if you've been here a while, you know that I tend to go for tummy camoflauging, nipped waist, not at all puffy or ruffly things. But I saw this top at Reitman's the other day and I fell in love with the print on the fabric, so I just grabbed it to try on with no regard to the shape.



It's actually called "The crop" and had I seen that on the tag before I got into the changeroom I would have passed on this top all together.


I tried it on, fully expecting to hate it. I mean, it's blousy, only waist length, and it has a puffed/gathered shoulder - puff sleeves! It's everything I never look for in a top.


But, I didn't hate it. In fact, I kind of liked it. And then I tried on a few more pairs of pants, and I like it even more! In fact, I would venture to say, I love this top.


It makes for an uncommon silhouette for me. And when I grabbed these jeans to wear I didn't consider the fact that I usually wear something that covers the tummy - and my VBO (that's visible belly outline) is loud and proud in these.... but you know what? I don't care!


I promise you will see this top again - hopefully more in focus!


Top: Reitmans
Jeans: Rickis
Shoes: Ardene
Linking up with: Pink Sole // Glass of Glam // Not Dead Yet Style // Style Nudge // Away from the Blue // Elegantly Dressed & Stylish // Pastries Pumps and Pi // Walking in Memphis in High Heels //

6 comments:

  1. Love the top and love your attitude!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tea,
    First, love the red lip :-) Lovely top on you, I love the style as well and isnt it fun sometimes to try things out of the comfort zone.
    thanks for linking!
    jess xx
    www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jess! Yes, I do love the red lip - and it's surprisingly fun to try something new! Sometimes I think I get stuck in a shape-rut - always seeking out the same thing!

      xo Tea.

      Delete
  3. Such a pretty top and it looks great on you! it's nice to give different styles a try and this one works so well for you :)

    I love the pop of red with the shoes too!

    Thank you so much for joining the #weekdayWearLinkUp :)

    Hope that you had a lovely Easter :)

    Away From The Blue

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Mica! I was so surprised that this top worked as well for me as it did - so not what I would seek out. But my style has been expanded!
    Thanks for hosting! :)
    Tea. xo

    ReplyDelete