Wednesday 26 November 2014

Layered




While layers are a definite necessity for warmth this time of year - especially when we've had gusting winds of up to 90km an hour - I often find that I look more like the Stay-puft marshmallow man than a woman with a figure when I layer up. I think the trick for this is to pick layers that are thin but warm.






I layered my guitar print button down under the cream cable knit sweater I thrifted a while ago. The button down is quite thin but still added a needed layer. My turquoise puffy vest on top of that, a pair of cropped black pants, and some seriously fun grey and white polka dot socks (which actually went up to my knees) and my short heeled boots.



I actually wore all of these layers under my down coat today and was pretty much warm enough, and when it does warm up it's easy enough to take off a layer or two.




A few bangles and some sweet rose earrings add just enough sparkle and sweet to an otherwise simple outfit.

Vest - Walmart: similar / similar / similar
Sweater - Thrifted: similar / similar / similar
Button-down - Old Navy: similar / similar / similar
Pants - Ricki's: similar / similar / similar
Boots - Sears: similar / similar / similar

Tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment