Tuesday 19 November 2019

Photo Ready

I admit it. I am one of those super irritating moms that picks out coordinating outfits for their family members, makes them trudge out into the local park, in the snow, take off their warm winter coats and pose while I set up the camera and take a few dozen shots.





I know -I KNOW.... but I started taking a family photo at Christmas when my husband and I first got married.... and now I've taken 13 of them and I just can't stop.

And you know what - I'm not even sorry. I love our family Christmas photos. I love that I can look back over the years and see how we've all changed and grown. How our family has lost and gained a furry family member, and how my "little" boys now suddenly are looking like big boys, or almost, little men.



When I'm choosing our outfits for family pics, I always like us to be coordinating, but never "matching". And, I often start with my husband's closet.

Believe it or not, he is the pickiest dresser out of all of us. Not that he likes to be fancy on a regular basis or anything - he's just "particular".


This year I pulled out this marled maroon sweater from his closet and found that it was a near perfect colour match for my plaid pencil skirt from Torrid. Our younger son had a maroon based plaid sweater and I simply pulled from both my skirt and our littlest's sweater for coordinating colours - so a navy pullover for me, and a rich forest green sweater (with a faux sheepskin lined collar - which, I just love) for our elder son.


And the dog - well, he only owns one sweater - so we're just lucky it coordinated! LOL.


I also am completely obsessed with these boots I got from Torrid this year. They are also part of their Outlander collection (like my navy dress) - they have the "Fraser" tartan (from the show) on a band around the top - but they're incredibly comfortable - and of course, because they're Torrid they're wide enough to comfortably zip up around my calves.



I am loving how our Christmas card pics turned out this year. Do you take family pics for Christmas cards? Are you team coordinated or team matchy-matchy. Let me know!



5 comments:

  1. I love taking family photos for Christmas cards! We normally use them to update some frames around our house. Your photos turned out so well! And your outfits are picture perfect! You have a lovely family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ours do double duty - as our cards and as gifts for some family members. I absolutely LOVE having pictures hanging, so our house has things hanging on almost every available surface, lol. But yes - we do update sometimes. I like to leave the previous pic in the frame behind the updated one, a little time capsule to look at every time I add a new pic. :)
      Thanks for stopping by!
      xo,
      Tea

      Delete
  2. Tea, you are so funny and you have such a beautiful family! I am glad they humor you in the annual family picture taking fun! Have you ever heard of Simply Be? I did a collaboration with them a year or two ago and they have really cute wide calf boots, too. The nice thing is that you can specify your measurements to get the right width. I can’t wear Torrid boots because they are too wide on me...I am kind of right on the line between regular and wide. Thanks for linking up!

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks Shelbee! I do think those boys of mine are awfully handsome (and hubs ain't too bad either, lol) but I am also biased aren't I?
      I have heard of Simply Be, but I've never really looked into them, to be honest, I'm not sure if they're even available here in Canada? I may have to go check it out again! My feet were always a bit wide, and then after having our boys my feet were even wider - so if the shoes aren't wide width - they're not going on my feet!
      Thanks for stopping by!
      xo,
      Tea

      Delete
  3. You look great and I love the coordinating outfits! We have a family photo with Santa every year - we started it when we adopted our dog and since our family grew we kept doing it. Although our son was scared of Santa again this year, just like last year, so I'm wondering if I should maybe go the DIY route like you have or try something different next year - too many tears this year!

    Hope that you had a wonderful weekend :) Thank you so much for joining the #weekdayWearLinkUp :) I just posted this week's linkup, I'd love you to join again!

    Away From Blue

    ReplyDelete