Friday 23 August 2019

Fly Me to the Moon




I do love a good graphic tee - but I don't wear one very often. Honestly, I find I'm drawn to solid brights, a funky pattern or even just a neutral (hello - how many black tee-shirts does one girl need?). But a couple of years ago we were in Florida on a family vacation and visited Kennedy Space station - and when I saw this tee, I had. to. have. it.






Not only is it a great souvenir from our trip - but it just so happens to be the title of one of my very favourite songs - Fly Me to the Moon, which was also the song we chose for our first dance when the hubs and I got married.


Fly me to the moon, let me play among the stars. 
Let me see what spring is like on Jupiter and Mars. 
In other words, hold my hand! 
In other words, darling kiss me.


Fill my heart with song and let me sing forevermore. 
You are all I long for, all I worship and adore. 
In other words, please be true. 
In other words, I love you!


Whenever I wear this shirt I find myself singing "our song" throughout the day, which always brings a smile to my face. And pairing it with this super super comfortable tee-shirt fabric skirt - or tee-skirt as I like to call it, lol - also brings a smile to my face!



I wore this to run errands during the day and then to a community bbq at one of our local conservation areas in the evening.

How do you feel about graphic tees? Do you have a hard time working them into your wardrobe like I do? Sound off in the comments and let me know!


2 comments:

  1. Hello Tea from Canada. I am a Pastor from Mumbbai, India. I am glad to stop by your profile on the blogger and the blog post. I am also blessed and feel privileged and honoured to get connected with you as well as know you and about your interest in camping and wearing clothes from Salvation Army and value Village that do not cost you much. It was intresting to go through your blog post. I too when I come to visit my son in Calgary who is settled with his wife and two beautiful daughers one two and half years of age and the other 6th months old. I love getting connected with the people of God a round the globe to be encouraged, strengthened and praying for one another. I have been in the Pastoral ministry for last 40 yrs in this great city of Mumbai a city with a great contrast where richest of rich and the poorest of poor live. We also encourage young and the adults from the west to come to MUMBAI to work with us during their vacation time. We would love to have young people from your friends or family circle or from Church to come to Mumbai to work with us during their vacation time. We would love to have you come to Mumbai with your husband and children to work with us during your vacation time. I am sure you will have rewarding time. My email id is: dhwankhede(at)gmail(dot)com and my name is Diwakar Wankhede.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations - you win for most bizarre comment! LOL. Thanks for stopping by!
      Tea

      Delete