Friday 16 August 2019

A Good Find

I love getting new clothes as much as the next girl, but clothes are expensive. I will freely admit to "window shopping" (or windows shopping, lol) through Torrid's website or a variety of other online retailers that cater to the plus-size figure.





I window shopped, and even wish listed this top on the Torrid website ages and ages ago, but I never ended up buying it - because, like most things, it was out of my budget.



Imagine my glee when I saw this very top listed on Varagesale (an online garage-sale/kijiji type of website) for only $5! I quickly messaged the seller and lucked out in that no one else was willing to come and pick it up right away.



I was totally thrilled - this top is so so comfortable, since it's made with a slightly stretchy, cottony type of fabric. 



I wore this with a comfortable and classic pair of jeans for our girls' night with a bunch of ladies from my home church. Lots of laughs, snacks, and wine of course. It was great for sitting out in a friend's backyard - and dressy enough that I didn't feel slobby at the party. 




I absolutely love thrifting - and often find some great stuff - but this is one for the record books!
What's your best thrifted find? Tell me in the comments!

5 comments:

  1. What a great find, such a bargain! It's a beautiful colour on you too! :)

    Hope that you had a great weekend! I had a fun night out with some Insta friends in Brisbane which was awesome :)

    Thank you so much for joining the #weekdayWearLinkUp :) I just posted this week's linkup, I'd love you to join again! :)

    Away From Blue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Mica,
      Do you meet up with Insta friends often? I'm always nervous to meet people IRL from online!
      I'll link up! ;)
      Tea

      Delete
  2. $5!? what a steal! that is such a gorgeous color on you also!

    https://colorandgrace.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?! Sometimes you can get a real stunner on the cheap from thrifting! I could hardly believe my luck!
      Thanks for stopping by, Grace!
      xo Tea

      Delete
  3. Good capture! I'm not sure which post you linked with (and thanks for linking!), my absolute best thrift find were my western style mules that retail for $2500. I got them for $60!!!!! (I didn't know they were so expensive when I got them. I could tell they were very well made and beyond worth the price). https://spygirl-amb.blogspot.com/2015/10/52-pick-me-up-topaz-enlightenment.html

    ReplyDelete