Friday 14 June 2019

Belt it out

Sorry I've been MIA babes - I am having a hard time settling into my new work schedule - and sometimes my anxiety gets the better of me.



I have a couple of pics of this outfit that I wore to one of my workshop presentations lately.



I picked up this super cute little polka-dot dress from Giant Tiger a while ago and while I kept reaching for it, it just wasn't doing it for me. 


I finally realized that what this dress was missing was a belt. A big fat belt. It's a little early 2000s style-wise, but I love what a wide belt does for the plus sized waistline.



Leggings because a) my legs are legit COVERED in bruises (what can I say, I'm super-clumsy in real life.... I legit tripped over our vacuum the other day) and b) because my job involves a lot of sitting, standing crouching and carrying - so shorter skirts with no leggings are a no go.



Still on the lookout for a few items to expand my workwear wardrobe. Anyone know any places that sell decent separates that aren't going to break the bank?


2 comments:

  1. Such a cute dress and you're right it looks lovely with the belt! Hope things settle down for you soon and you adjust to the new work schedule :)


    The weekday wear linkup is live on my blog, I'd love you to join! :)


    Away From Blue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm trying to get a hang of it! I think it will take time, and of course, as soon as I start to manage it, it will all change! #murphyslaw
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete