Monday 12 January 2015

Summer dress, Winter Weather

I love being able to translate summer pieces into winter wear. It can be tough, and I have a few rules in order to make sure it works.




First of all the fabric should have enough form to stand up to winter wear. Generally, chiffon doesn't translate well over seasons, but a sturdy cotton or even cotton/poly blend (like this shift dress) can be wearable both in summer and winter.


Second - it should have some neutrals that can be picked up in winter accessories. In the summer I tended to wear this shift dress with white sandals, or maybe grey capri tights. In winter I lean more towards the navy than the pink for outfit cues, but I did stick with the white braided belt I usually wear with this dress.

I wasn't totally sure about mixing the cream of the sweater with the bright white of the dress, but I think it worked out okay!

What do you think? Do you have summer pieces that you can wear in the winter? Or do you keep your seasonal clothing completely separate?

Tea.

Dress - Thrifted: similar / similar / similar
Cardigan - Ricki's: similar / similar
Boots - Payless: similar / similar
Belt - Thrifted
Tights - Ricki's
Earrings - handmade

No comments:

Post a Comment