Tuesday 10 December 2019

Something Unexpected


I tend to wear a lot of outfits over and over again. Not surprisingly, I don't have a massive wardrobe - and it's all about having items that can be worn multiple times.



This red dress was a gift from my husband last Christmas and I have worn it many many times over the last year. It's a beautiful fit, the fabric is absolutely gorgeous and so so incredibly soft and it's just a classic, flattering shape.



Usually I wear it with simple black tights or pantyhose and classic heels. However, every now and again, the trick to remixing an outfit you've worn many times is to wear just one item that's a little unexpected.


I got these leggings from Torrid back in the fall. They're a velvet-burnout type of pattern and they're so fun! They are, however, actual leggings - not tights, so they're great with boots since you need to wear socks with them anyway.


I wore this to church last Sunday and I was comfortable enough that I actually wore it for most of the rest of the day.



I'm trying to think of a few other ways to use these unexpected leggings to remix some other outfits - so keep watch for them, you'll definitely see them again soon!


7 comments:

  1. It sure looks like a great dress! Gorgeous color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Giiirrrl, you know I love this outfit! A fabulous red dress with fancy legs! Yes, please. You look amazing!

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also, I will be featuring this post on tomorrow’s link up!

      Delete
  3. I love this dress - it's just perfect for you and hugs those curves beautifully - like it was made for you! Those leggings! I'm going to have to find some like that. I, too, wear leggings sometimes instead of tights, but I don't have anything even close to as pretty as yours! Found your blog through Shelbee's and I love it!

    Ruth
    https://voguefauxreal.com/2019/12/09

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooo, I thought those were tights! I love the print of your leggings and it adds a fun texture-style to the look. Red looks great on you!
    thanks for linking!
    Happy Holidays
    jess xx
    www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fun leggings! I thought they were tights too, they work so well with the boots and are the perfect fun touch with your adorable little red dress! :)

    Thanks for joining the #WeekdayWearLinkup! A new link up is live on my blog now, I'd love you to join again :)
    Hope that you had a great weekend :) We went to the movies and another Christmas party.

    Away From Blue | Handbag Gift Guide

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous dress, and very festive! The colour looks great on you. Thanks for linking up!

    Emma xxx
    www.style-splash.com

    ReplyDelete