Friday 27 September 2019

Traditions


I am lucky to have a very close relationship with my sisters.
It wasn't until I was an adult and began talking to other people that I realized just how "abnormal" our close relationships were. My sisters are 3 and 6 years younger than me, respectively, but are absolutely some of my closest friends. We talk very regularly, see each other often and have several sister traditions - one of which, is apple picking.



Every year we go to Pingle's Family Farm to pick apples and just generally spend time with each other being silly. When I had our boys we started taking them with us, and then when my sister had her kids (my nephew and niece) of course they joined the group.



Usually we go and pick Courtland apples, because IMHO they are the best for pies, but the crazy warm weather we've been having this year has put the apple harvest back a couple of weeks. So we ended up only picking 1 bag of apples and they were Royal Galas (not actually complaining, Galas are by far my favourite eating apple).



We pick a bunch of apples, take a bunch of pictures, and buy treats in the farm market. We even sipped on some nice cold apple cider - yum!



I was actually too hot in this outfit the day we went - because obviously it was almost 30'C that afternoon (but global warming isn't real - okay okay, don't get me started).



Oddly enough, without planning it, my sisters and I all ended up wearing a white tee-shirt. I had paired mine with my distressed thrifted capri jeans (Torrid brand), and a flannel button down that I totally stole from my hubby's closet. Flat lace up boots, and a ponytail/bun/curls off my neck "hairstyle" (okay, I'm using THAT term pretty loosely, lol) and I felt like I *looked* very fall appropriate, even if I was sweating buckets by the time we left.



Our kids all looked exceptionally cute, of course.

Oh, and apparently now that my boys are a bit bigger, every time I take a picture of the two of them they turn into a 90s boy band album cover.... it's weird.... I don't know why this happens.




Of course, my camera battery crapped out within about ten minutes of arriving, so all of these pics are crappy cell-phone pics - but it is what it is!


Do you have any Fall family traditions? Are you close with your siblings like I am with mine? Let me know in the comments!


6 comments:

  1. What a great family tradition! I love your cute outfit of white tee and jeans! How funny that you all wore white tees. You know, my sister who is 6 years older than me is absolutely my very best friend in the entire world. Sure, she drives me crazy sometimes, but she is the keeper of all my secrets and all my memories. And your handsome boys do look like a 90’s boy band! So cute! Thanks so much for joining my link party!

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My sisters and I are really super close and I can't imagine my life without them. They are 3 and 6 years younger than me, but they are some of my best friends. And kids - I tell ya! I think I trained them a little *too* well when they were babes - they know how to work the camera!
      Thanks for hosting!
      xo, Tea

      Delete
  2. Loved all your fall pics! Thanks for linking up with the Style Six!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun times, loved scrumping apples in the local orchard years ago thanks for sharing Hun. Jacqui Mummabstylish

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is absolutely one of my fave outings every year.
      Thanks for stopping by Jacqui!
      xo, Tea

      Delete