Friday 6 December 2019

Test Shots


This is just a simple, comfy outfit for kicking around the house, running a couple of errands and working on a few Christmas gifts.




Jeans and a tee is a basic staple outfit for me - but I love finding pieces that have a little bit of a twist - and for this top, I mean that literally. The twist front is sewn into this top and I think it adds a bit of fun to an otherwise basic outfit. 


These jeggings I got for a song at Walmart - when I really needed something cheap to fill out my denim wardrobe. Brown boots were purchased at Payless before they closed all their stores here in Canada and this gorgeous green stone necklace was a gift from one of my sisters a few years back.


I called this post "Test Shots" because -if you take your own photos - you know that you need to shoot a few shots to test for focus and lighting, etc before you start shooting your outfit pics.... sometimes I ask a family member to stand in and act as a focus point so that I can set my camera to a timer and let it fire off a bunch of shots.


USUALLY it's one of the kids, but today I asked my hubby to stand in, and, well - I think this series of photos speaks for itself. We were laughing fairly hard by the time the camera finished off it's set of shots - and maybe I'll try and get him to stand behind the camera next time, instead of in front of it!


8 comments:

  1. I usually have my son taking my pictures which makes it easier. Love that green top on you! Lovely color!
    www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most of the time I actually make my hubby take the pictures - but he was too busy to stand around taking the 20000 pictures I need to pick 5 good ones, lol, so I made him stand in for test shots instead. I think we'll work around his schedule for shooting from now on! Ha!
      Thanks for stopping by!
      xo,
      Tea

      Delete
  2. Such a beautiful boots. I like them so much.

    New Post - http://www.exclusivebeautydiary.com/2019/12/sensai-rouge-intense-lasting-colour-il_5.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tend to wear mostly jeans with a basic tee or sweater too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tea, you guys are hilarious! Where the heck in Canada do you live? Are you far from Watertown, NY? Cuz I wanna hang out!!!! I love this shade of green on you. So pretty. And your blue walls are so fun, too! I know this post is about your outfit and not your walls, but I really like your walls, too! LOL Thanks for linking up.

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for joining the Top of the World Style linkup party. Nice casual look.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are lovely in green and your husband is so funny! I have never heard of doing test shots before, what a good idea! :) I have a tripod and remote I use to snap pics with :)

    Hope that you are having a good weekend! It's a really hot one here, and still a little hazy with the bushfire smoke.

    Away From Blue | Handbag Gift Guide

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great, and they work beautifully. Thanks for adding to the #linkup Jacqui x

    ReplyDelete