Tuesday 17 September 2019

Fall in

 




Sigh. Summer is ending. Actually ending.
 

The kids are all back at school, the weather is turning cooler, even some leaves have already begun to change colour. And my wardrobe? Well - my wardrobe moves from poppy flourescents and florals to black, grey and burgundy.


I'm going to try and make a concerted effort to wear a bit more actual colour this fall - but somewhere deep inside, 14 year old me still longs for a pseudo-goth, deck of cards fall wardrobe.


This dress and hat makes me feel a little more Julia Roberts than Fairuza Balk though - so maybe I *have* let go of my leaning towards teenage-me's wardrobe.

 

Right now it's still been warm enough to wear this dress with wedges and bare legs, but soon it will be boots and tights - and thankfully this hat will transition from late summer sun-hat to autumn felt topper with ease.


This outfit was perfect for running errands, sipping some tea (NO PSLs for this Mama - barf - sorry) and hanging out with a friend.

Are you ready for fall? 

4 comments:

  1. What a fun striped dress! It looks like it will layer so well when the weather gets cooler for you! :)

    Hope that you had a lovely weekend!

    Thank you so much for joining the #weekdayWearLinkUp :) I just posted this week's linkup, I'd love you to join again! :)

    Away From Blue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm totally hoping to layer this with maybe a duster length jacket some tights and boots for the winter! Lots of options!
      Thanks for stopping by!
      xo, Tea

      Delete
  2. Hi hon!
    I love the change in color of the stripes in the lower portion of the dress. Looks wonderful on you!
    jess xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a fun little twist in the pattern, right? You know I love things that are ever so slightly unexpected. ;)
      Thanks for stopping by!
      xo,
      Tea

      Delete