Friday 6 July 2018

Bikini Body

So, I promised myself when I started blogging again that I was going to be more transparent about what I actually wear when posting outfits for the blog. I wasn't going to "curate" some fake lifestyle just to have super pretty outfits to share with you. And I wasn't going to hide away from the things I may not be super happy about either.



And you know what I'm not super happy about - clothes that stick to my skin when I'm H-O-T. Especially the type of swim-tops/tankinis/etc that come with excessive amounts of billowing fabric over the middle. You know what I'm talking about? The look that's super-cute in a regular top, but just masses of sticky stretch fabric in a swim top. So - I decided on the super-hot Canada Day long weekend that I was just going to let it all hang out and wear a bikini.


You know that saying? How do you get a bikini body? Put a bikini on your body!



I bought this one at Torrid a couple of years ago - and I'm ashamed to say it hasn't gotten a lot of wear. I love the look of the long-line bikini top -but the boning on this one needs some work, lol.


The ruched bottoms are cute and have a nice vintage-y vibe that I'm loving.


I also have one of my many many ever present scarves. I use them as sarongs, or just as an extra protective layer to keep the sun off my skin - not that it worked really well - I'm still sporting the sun-burn from the weekend despite being in and out of the water, wearing 100 spf sunscreen and staying in the shade as much as possible - it seems that my skin's goal is to look as lobster-ish as possible.


I hope you all had wonderful holiday weekends here in Canada and the US for the 4th.


Get out there, enjoy the sun, wear sunscreen - and put a bikini on your body  - if that's what you wanna do.

Linking up with: Posh Classy Mom // Curly Craft Mom // Fashion Should be Fun // Pastries Pumps and Pi

Bikini: Torrid (I looooove this one!)
Scarf/Sarong: Chapters/Indigo
Sunglasses: Zenni Optical
Sandals: Soft-moc

No comments:

Post a Comment