Friday 1 April 2016

Texture and Print

I always love the way mixed prints look on some of my fave fashion bloggers. Specifically stripes and floral. But every time I put it on myself I think I look a little, well, silly. Perhaps I haven't found the right pieces to combine yet.





So instead of mixing patterns, this time I decided to mix pattern and texture. The eyelet on this sweatshirt really creates a kind of pattern look, but because it's all one colour it doesn't clash terribly with the bold floral on my pants.


Then I put on my punched leatherette flats because I thought they mimicked the eyelet pattern in the shirt without being too matchy-matchy.




It was a cool and rainy day today, so I needed the extra layer of a comfy boyfriend blazer for part of the day. And since I liked the way the sweatshirt looked under the blazer so much, I'll definitely be wearing this combo again.



So there you go - my blogger fashion "wisdom" (ha - tongue in cheek much, Tea?) for the day. If you're not great at mixing patterns like me, try mixing textures (monotone patterns) instead!






Sweatshirt - Ricki's
Pants - Old Navy
Blazer - Costco
Flats - Ardene


Link ups!
Fashion Should be Fun // Forage Fashion // Jeans and a Teacup // Lizzie in Lace // Momfessionals // Posh Classy Mom // Rachel the Hat // Rattlebridge Farm // Style Diary by Osy // The Closet by Christie // xoxo Rebecca // Jolynne Shane // Elegantly Fashionable // Style Elixir

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Love! They are super fun to wear! Thanks for hosting and for stopping by. xo Tea

    ReplyDelete