Tuesday 20 August 2019

Red skirt

So - the other day I was wearing this hot-pink skort thing that I've had for ages - but it just wasn't comfortable. It's weird, because I've worn it many many times with no issues - but after only about an hour it was driving me bonkers - having been a low-laundry day I rummaged through my closet and grabbed this stretchy red skirt that I haven't worn in a long time.






I'm not sure why certain items of clothing in my closet get passed over time and again. My closet isn't overly full, I regularly take things out of rotation and either sell or donate them, so this skirt has made it through multiple closet purges - yet it doesn't get worn very often.



So I grabbed it, threw it on and went about my day. Took our puppy to the vet, went to the library, ran some errands - nothing special, nothing terribly out of the ordinary. But every time I'd catch my own reflection I'd think "Man, I love this skirt!" I was really "feeling myself" that day, I guess.





There is a LOT of VBO* in this skirt - and I think I've talked about this before - but while I'm a big proponent for body positivity - of course the body I have the hardest time being positive about is my own. My belly is a sore point for me. There isn't anything "wrong" with having a belly - but I will admit that I often try to hide it. That said - I surprised myself by how much I still enjoyed the way I (and even my belly) looked in this skirt.



While this was a pretty simple outfit - and not one I'd planned on blogging-, I thought I'd come home and snap a few outfit pics for you all to see. Even a simple, comfortable outfit can be awesome.



Red skirt - I'm glad you still hang around in the closet - and maybe I'll bring you out to play more often.

*VBO - Visible Belly Outline





7 comments:

  1. You should wear that skirt more often! I think it looks fantastic on you! Very flattering! I'm glad you pulled it out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laura! So funny the things we pass over when getting dressed! It is definitely going to be a more regular part of my rotation!
      Thanks for stopping by!
      xo Tea

      Delete
  2. This skirt looks amazing on you! So sexy and sassy and I can tell you feel confident in it. That definitely makes it a keeper! How cute it will be in the Fall with a denim shirt tied at the waist and cute little sneakers! Keep rocking this amazing skirt, my friend!

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shelbee! I can totally see this skirt dressed down for the fall - so def. watch for your style idea to come to fruition! LOL.
      Thanks for stopping by!
      xo Tea

      Delete
  3. I do wonder sometimes why certain garments get passed over, but we don't get rid of it. I love the black and red combo, the skirt looks great on you.
    thanks for linking!
    jess xx
    www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Something in the back of my mind had me keep it, I guess. Or just the fact that it's red and I have a hard time getting rid of anything red, lol.
      Thanks for stopping by Jess!
      xo Tea

      Delete
  4. That is such a fab skirt on you! It looks great, how good that you kept it and could give it a wear!

    Hope that you had a great weekend :) Thank you so much for joining the #weekdayWearLinkUp I just posted this week's linkup, I'd love you to join again! :)

    Away From Blue

    ReplyDelete