Monday 25 March 2019

Leg(ging)s for days

Oh my goodness, #momlife, am I right?


Sometimes I feel like I live in leggings. There are days when getting up and putting on PANTS is just too exhausting to think about, lol.






Seriously, though. I do sometimes find that I look back and I've worn leggings of one type or another for 3 or 4 days in a row. What does this mean? Am I losing my mind?
Well, no. It just means that leggings have become a seriously functional part of my personal style.
That said - I still ascribe to the concept that leggings are NOT pants. In that, if I'm wearing leggings, I'm also wearing something that covers my rear end. It's a personal preference. I wouldn't walk out of the house with tights (like thick pantyhose) and nothing over my behind, so, just because leggings don't have feet doesn't mean that I would do that with them either.



Now - that said - I definitely have legging-type pants, made with much thicker material, and some jeggings that I wear without my behind completely covered - so I've come up with a rule: if the fabric could hold up to having a pocket then you don't have to cover your butt.

What do you think? Does that make sense?



Do you know what else doesn't make sense? This dress, and why I love it. I can't wear those cold shoulder tops because they drive me bonkers thinking my bra straps are falling down all day -but this dress doesn't bother me a bit! Weird right?

Dress: Torrid
Leggings: Ardene
Flats: Ardene

No comments:

Post a Comment